Building simulation is the process of using a computer to build a virtual replica of a building. In simple terms, the building is built from its component parts on a computer and a simulation is performed by taking that building through the weather conditions of an entire year. In other words, building simulation is a way to quantitatively predict the future and thus has considerable value.
Types of Building Simulation
Building simulation has various types; most prominent are energy simulation, lighting simulation, computational fluid dynamics(CFD) and acoustical simulation.
Advantages of Building Simulation
- It provides the flexibility to evaluate different alternatives for the same model.
- The system is dynamic with much better control over experimental conditions.
- It can compare to other process support techniques.
- A different performance indicator of a system can be observed and analyzed.
- It can be used to measure the performance of even a system that is nonexistence.